Justice and Righteousnesss
- December 22, 2013
- The King is Born, so What?
- This time of the year we sing all of those Christmas carols, but I think that too often it is done out of rote memory rather than conviction. There is often a syrupy sentimentality about a baby, born in a manger, without really understanding the full significance of what Christmas is about. So it seems appropriate to take into account a few important perspectives that will help us to fully appreci
Ethics as Worship
- March 3, 2014
- Good Reading: The Culture of Death Bares its Teeth
- Albert Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, posted an interesting article regarding a recent admission by Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood, regarding her belief about when life begins. Richards was interviewed on Fusion TV and was asked when she believes that life begins. After dodging the question initially, Richards stated: For me, I’m […]
Law and the Created Order
- June 10, 2013
- Organ Donation Policy and the "Hard Cases"
- Many people have followed the heart-wrenching case of Sarah Murnaghan for the past several weeks and most of those people have been hoping and praying for a miracle. Sarah is the 10-year old little girl who has been very near death in a Philadelphia children’s hospital awaiting a lung transplant. According to the rules that govern organ transplantation, Sarah is two years shy of the birthday