Justice and Righteousnesss
- December 22, 2013
- The King is Born, so What?
- This time of the year we sing all of those Christmas carols, but I think that too often it is done out of rote memory rather than conviction. There is often a syrupy sentimentality about a baby, born in a manger, without really understanding the full significance of what Christmas is about. So it seems appropriate to take into account a few important perspectives that will help us to fully appreci
Ethics as Worship
- April 22, 2014
- Can a Christian Be Gay?: The New Question in Evangelicalism
- There is a new book making waves in evangelicalism with its release today. God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines sets out to change 2,000 years of church history (and thousands more of Jewish history) regarding Scriptural teaching on homosexuality. The promotional material for the book […]
Law and the Created Order
- June 10, 2013
- Organ Donation Policy and the "Hard Cases"
- Many people have followed the heart-wrenching case of Sarah Murnaghan for the past several weeks and most of those people have been hoping and praying for a miracle. Sarah is the 10-year old little girl who has been very near death in a Philadelphia children’s hospital awaiting a lung transplant. According to the rules that govern organ transplantation, Sarah is two years shy of the birthday